From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Cc: blubber@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] One research problem we could research
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:29:27
Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o> said:

>> Documenting fonts is like setting defaults : a disaster, what you like >> on your monitor looks pretty bad on another persons LCD, etc. It's so >> much a personal thing that setting up defaults will always upset some >> users. And should such a document support legacy font support (xfs, xft1 >> etc. ?). I guess one could set up a document describing what is possible >> in configuring xft2/fontconfig. > > We could ask our users what they want instead of just deciding. If a > large majority hates KDE's default settings (for instance) why might as > well change them. The forums could be a good place to begin with, I > think the user is very important...
I prefer proposing things, then see reactions and feedbacks, instead of starting endless discussions, especially in the gentoo community. If you come with precise proposition, it's easy to say yes/no to it, and to make things evolve quickly. So of course users are the goal, but we want to propose things, not discuss 3 months long -- dams -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list