From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Cc: blubber@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] One research problem we could research
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:29:27
1 Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o> said:
2
3 >> Documenting fonts is like setting defaults : a disaster, what you like
4 >> on your monitor looks pretty bad on another persons LCD, etc. It's so
5 >> much a personal thing that setting up defaults will always upset some
6 >> users. And should such a document support legacy font support (xfs, xft1
7 >> etc. ?). I guess one could set up a document describing what is possible
8 >> in configuring xft2/fontconfig.
9 >
10 > We could ask our users what they want instead of just deciding. If a
11 > large majority hates KDE's default settings (for instance) why might as
12 > well change them. The forums could be a good place to begin with, I
13 > think the user is very important...
14
15 I prefer proposing things, then see reactions and feedbacks, instead of
16 starting endless discussions, especially in the gentoo community. If you come
17 with precise proposition, it's easy to say yes/no to it, and to make things
18 evolve quickly.
19
20 So of course users are the goal, but we want to propose things, not discuss 3
21 months long
25 dams
28 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list