From: Adrian CAPDEFIER <adriancapdefier@×××××××.ro>
To: "GENTOO ML: desktop research" <gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-desktop-research] defaults
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:19:18
Hello people.

So in the purpose of desktop research here is an idea. I don't know if
it's been done already, though.

Often when I'm developing programs I'm too absorbed into making the
program work and the magical defaults always come last. I usually sell
theese programs. Open sources developers do not sell their open source
programs. It stands to reason that the last part, not so important from
a developer point of view, might not get done or get done hastily and
not so good. And most programs could use general purpose defaults.

So why not create a "defaults team" to work with the developers and see
the results? It would need a heavily used application so that new users
arrive often and are able to provide lots of feedback. The agreement of
the developers would also be a usefull thing :)

Suggestions, ideas, cons, flames?