From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Desktop Linux Consortium membership
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:18:46
1 On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 04:07, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > For me it is still not clear what we would gain in becoming members of
3 > the consortium. In any case, if we believe that we can gain in becoming
4 > members, we do need to propose it to the management.
5
6 I would suggest a few things:
7 1) We would have more input, and therefore more power, on the broader
8 direction of desktop computing on Linux;
9 2) We would get Gentoo's name out as a distribution interested in
10 collaboration and development outside of itself, and increase our
11 contacts in other projects;
12 3) We would help in the consortium's goal of increasing the visibility
13 and capabiilty of desktop computing on Linux.
14
15 It's clear that a proposal to management is necessary -- however, I
16 thought it worthwhile to talk to the people it most directly affects
17 first to hear what they had to say.