From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Desktop Linux Consortium membership
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:18:46
On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 04:07, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> For me it is still not clear what we would gain in becoming members of > the consortium. In any case, if we believe that we can gain in becoming > members, we do need to propose it to the management.
I would suggest a few things: 1) We would have more input, and therefore more power, on the broader direction of desktop computing on Linux; 2) We would get Gentoo's name out as a distribution interested in collaboration and development outside of itself, and increase our contacts in other projects; 3) We would help in the consortium's goal of increasing the visibility and capabiilty of desktop computing on Linux. It's clear that a proposal to management is necessary -- however, I thought it worthwhile to talk to the people it most directly affects first to hear what they had to say.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Desktop Linux Consortium membership Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>