From: Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:07:12
> 3. Gtk2: I am thinking that this may not be the best interface to use. > How will this fair with those putting gentoo on very slow/old machines. > Also for those doing an install through ssh would not be able to benifit > from this. Maybe curses would be the way to go? There are already many > tools that are already made for curses(menuconfig, ufed, net-setup). Or > heck maybe there could be support for both.
This actually is one of the requirements for the installer as well as the config tools. It was discussed in the desktop-research meeting. We really want to support both. Greetings, Tiemo -- Gentoo Linux Documentation developer & Desktop Research member Dutch Documentation: Desktop Research: blubber@g.o | Public key: Key fingerprint = 6749 CD77 B577 D615 4B3C A082 C430 0ACD E3E9 E3A6 -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer foser <foser@g.o>