From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] One research problem we could research
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:54:03
On Thursday 09 October 2003 23:29, foser wrote:
> > Only fontconfig and freetype influence font rendering. And fontconfig > probably plays the major role in seting things up. >
Did you ever see how earlier versions of qt misrendered things? The 3.2 version is the first one that probably can use fontconfig fonts without them being available through the core protocol. In this respect pango/gtk/gnome are much better. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: