From: James William Dumay <i386@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] BreakMyGentoo - BMG Desktop Gentoo
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:41:10
1 Dams (& Friends),
2 This is the kind of thing we want to work on. It would be nice to get
3 Gentoos blessing with the project. foser, this isnt a replacement of the
4 vanilla gentoo/gnome desktop, its just an overlaying bunch of ebuilds
5 that will make the existing system a little more polished for the
6 desktop users (and people doing rollouts in organisations).
7
8 I think we should leave the installer by itself at the moment and start
9 on the system itself. The guys at the installer kind of know what they
10 are doing and id rather them do it than bmg or other g-d-r members.
11
12 If you guys are willing to "sponsor" such a project, im all ears and im
13 sure BMG will be also, but our initial objective is to get something
14 nice working for a local univerisity.
15
16 Looking forward to talking soon
17
18 James.