From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] One research problem we could research
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 18:00:20
On Thursday 09 October 2003 16:33, foser wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 16:14, Paul de Vrieze wrote: > > I was thinking more like an updated font deuglyfication guide (http:// > > but then specific for gentoo and without all the > > fontserver and netscape communicator crap, and with fontconfig etc. > > That is terribly complicated and outdated for a current setup, it should > only focus on xft2/fontconfig. >
I think a small section on making sure that core fonts are reasonable (for xterm, xedit, etc.) and most on xft2/fontconfig. The other things are the crap I was talking about.
I have no problem at all with that. Although at the time that doc was written, fonts (esp. netscape's) were indeed ugly. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Researcher Mail: pauldv@××××××.nl Homepage: