From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] BreakMyGentoo - BMG Desktop Gentoo
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:11:41
1 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> said:
2
3 > On Sunday 14 March 2004 13:05, dams@×××.fr wrote:
4 > >
5 > > I - surprisily - agree with you.
6 > > But I had this idea in mind : if people that do this "coolness" stuff could
7 > > : - agree on precises goal/tasks
8 > > - develop it The Good Way (tm)
9 > > - keep it as an addon, to achieve a particular goal
10 >
11 > I quite agree too
14 > > Then it will become somehting different of the "just cool, badly coded,
15 > > useless" stuff.
16 > >
17 > > The goal of the idea is to provide ready to use, customized and polished
18 > > and professional looking desktop for hobyists, and small companies. (Note
19 > > that "professional looking" doesn't mean anything, it's a buz word).
20 >
21 > I would like to see a description of exactly what people want to do and why.
22 > And it should be done in such a way that it is not gnome-only.
23
24 fully agree
27 dams
30 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list