From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] XFCE4 as a desktop environment
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:27:22
Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> said:

> On Wednesday 22 October 2003 12:47, Fabien Fivaz wrote: >> >> I think that for a Linux newbie, it's a great desktop, especially if you >> don't have a really powerfull machine. I was disappointed by the fact >> that xfce doesn't seem to be included in the GRP cds... >> >> Comments are welcome and questions also. >> > > One thing that I found lacking (and induced me to umerge it after 15 minutes > of looking at it) is that it does not seem to have a simple menu system > (no .desktop files, or even a menu editor).
I contributed a patch to allow multiple choices in menu, and it takes the first ne that exists. But it was for 3.6, it has been maybe rewritten in 4.0. iirc, the menu is described in simple flat text file, not /desktop compatible, but easy to edit. -- dams -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list