From: Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] One research problem we could research
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:33:01
> Documenting fonts is like setting defaults : a disaster, what you like > on your monitor looks pretty bad on another persons LCD, etc. It's so > much a personal thing that setting up defaults will always upset some > users. And should such a document support legacy font support (xfs, xft1 > etc. ?). I guess one could set up a document describing what is possible > in configuring xft2/fontconfig.
We could ask our users what they want instead of just deciding. If a large majority hates KDE's default settings (for instance) why might as well change them. The forums could be a good place to begin with, I think the user is very important... -- Gentoo developer (GDP & Desktop Research) Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>