From: Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] One research problem we could research
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:33:01
1 > Documenting fonts is like setting defaults : a disaster, what you like
2 > on your monitor looks pretty bad on another persons LCD, etc. It's so
3 > much a personal thing that setting up defaults will always upset some
4 > users. And should such a document support legacy font support (xfs, xft1
5 > etc. ?). I guess one could set up a document describing what is possible
6 > in configuring xft2/fontconfig.
7
8 We could ask our users what they want instead of just deciding. If a
9 large majority hates KDE's default settings (for instance) why might as
10 well change them. The forums could be a good place to begin with, I
11 think the user is very important...
14 Gentoo developer (GDP & Desktop Research)
15 Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>
16 http://dev.gentoo.org/~blubber/