From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] How to mask KDE 4.6.2?
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 17:03:15
1 Hi there!
2
3 KDE 4.6.2 ebuilds arrived in the kde overlay, but the distfiles are not on
4 the mirror servers yet. I'm on ~amd64, this stuff is not masked for me. So
5 my world update stops due to missing files.No big problem, but still a
6 little annoying, and I would like to know how one should deal with this.
7
8 I tried to put a link to $LAYMAN/kde/Documentation/package.mask/kde-4.6 in
9 /etc/portage/package.mask, but that of course masks KDE 4.6 completely.
10
11 So I removed the kde overlay. This works, but it would downgrade stuff like
12 amarok-9999 which I am testing. I tried to avoid this by putting <media-
13 sound/amarok-9999 into package.mask, but it has no effect. Then I copied
14 media-sound/amarok from the kde overlay into my local overlay, now I can
15 update.
16
17 Is there a better solution? This situation seems to happen with every minor
18 KDE update.
19
20 Wonko