From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: smooth scrolling in konqueror (like in firefox)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 16:17:02
1 On 13 August 2005 14:03, Duncan wrote:
2 > Christian Parpart posted <200508130559.20321.trapni@g.o>, excerpted
3 >
4 > below, on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:59:18 +0200:
5 > > I just installed a SuSE Linux within VMware and was really surprised
6 > > about how smoove the pages do scroll up/down (using the mouse wheel)
7 > > within SuSE's KDE installation;
8 > >
9 > > I was wondering wether this is a SuSE patch (where available, if) or
10 > > whether I am just missing the path to this config entry.
11
12 Actually, it isn't a konqueror feature but a KDE-wide one. Open the Control
13 Centre, Peripherals -> Mouse -> Advanced -Y Mouse wheel scrolls by. You can
14 adjust it there.
17 > I don't know about the mouse wheel smooth-scrolling, and don't have
18 > Firefox installed so can't try it there, but I just found the Konqueror
19 > auto-scroll feature, quite by accident. I'm running KDE 3.4.1, and have
20 > no idea if it's in earlier versions or not, since I just discovered it,
21 > but try hitting shift-arrow (up, down, left, or right). Auto-scrolling!
22 > Hitting any key (no, not /the/ "any" key! <g>) to stop the scrolling.
23
24 It has been in konqueror for ages.
27 > I think there's probably some way to adjust the speed, but I'm not sure
28 > where. It's possible it's (presently) only adjustable by editing a config
29 > file, not graphically.
30
31 Hit Shift-down briefly. Hit it again. Again. See? Want to slow down? Hit
32 Shift-up briefly.
33
34 Uwe
37 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)