From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] More questions re. evolution
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:59:17
1 Speaking of revdep-rebuild, if you do "revdep-rebuild -pv" it will do a
2 lot of work building indexes, then delete them! However, if you do
3 "revdep-rebuild -pv world" it will do a lot of work building indexes,
4 then throw an error, because the "world" is tacked on to the emerge
5 command! But when it throws an error, it leaves the indexes there! So
6 you can then type "revdep-rebuild -v" and it will just do the rebuild!
7
8 I suppose I should file that as a change request -- don't delete the
9 indexes on a "pretend" revdep-rebuild.
10
11 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
12 > Benno Schulenberg wrote:
13 >
14 >> If your flags are sane, then you could try an 'emerge -e
15 >> evolution'. But see for a much shorter list near the end of:
18 > Oh, have you done a revdep-rebuild? If 'revdep-rebuild -p' shows
19 > anything as broken, then first let it rebuild those.
20 >
21 > Benno
25 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
26