From: Michelangelo Bottura <michelangelo.bottura@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 00:39:18
On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 22:54, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 23:23 -0500, Harry Holt wrote: >> >> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Frank Freeman >> <ffreeman@×××××××××.net> wrote: >> unsubscribe >> >> Hmph. You can't get out that easy. >> >> Please Note: In some later model unsubscribe kits, the "OFF" indicator has >> been replaced by "POWER-UP STANDBY ENABLE". Accordingly the "ON" indicator >> >> has been replaced by the much clearer, "POWER-DOWN STANDBY ENABLE". Contact >> your internet service provider for a list of affected model numbers. An >> "ON-OFF" retrofit panel kit is available for those who have difficulty with > > Harry, your directions to Mr. Freeman were clear and concise. I didn't > realize that the process of unsubscribing was so simple. I believe you > forgot one thing though. He will, at some point, need to wash his mouse > out with soap. If he uses the Auto-Unusb feature, this can easily done > while he's in the shower, but if he uses some other proceedure, some > other provision must be made for completing this step. > > -- > Lindsay Haisley | "The difference between | PGP public key > FMP Computer Services | a duck is that one leg | available at > 512-259-1190 | is both the same" | > | - Anonymous | > > >
Lindsay, even your directions, still being in the right track, miss the obvious caveat: the user has to be warned (for the sake of completeness) that he must be particularly wary if he owns a cat - in that case the auto-unsub feature might not work and require manual intervention. Ciao, michelangelo

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] unsubscribe Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>