From: Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset is dead? long live kde.
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 20:02:51
1 Attempts to use layman to sync with kde-sunset GIT fail.
2 kde-sunset does not seem to be in the list of official overlays anymore.
3 Overlay maintenance has been nearly non-existant for at least a year.
4
5 I'm not complaining. I'm no longer really dependent on the overlay.
6
7 But I do run a kde-sunset FTP mirror, and I haven't heard from my
8 upstream contact for it for awhile now. (You out there, Ladislav?)
9
10 If kde-sunset is dead, let's put a fork in it and say so. I'll delete
11 my FTP mirror, and we can say it's official.
14 + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
15 + Sr. UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
16 + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of
17 + James Franck Institute + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet,
18 + Materials Research Ctr + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky