From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Use flag changes
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:53:07
1 "Duncan" <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> writes:
2
3 > Thus the dynamic is quite different. It makes less sense to have a single
4 > global qt flag, because the versions are rather more independent of each
5 > other, few packages support both at the same time, and the two versions
6 > can therefore almost be treated as two entirely independent toolkits in
7 > terms of USE flags. Practically, the difference between qt3 and qt4
8 > dependiencies is almost as wide as that between qt3 and gtk, thus
9 > justifying the separate USE flags.
10
11 I would think that the opposite would be true. As few packages support
12 both, I would think that this is a good reason to just have one qt USE
13 flag which pulls in support for whichever version of qt each
14 individual package supports. The only package I have seen which would
15 support the need for having separate USE flags is
16 app-text/poppler-bindings which can support either or both qt3 and
17 qt4.
18 --
19 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list