From: "Mike C. Fletcher" <mcfletch@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Timeline for merging gatos into xorg?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:24:40
I've just been reading a post to gentoo-desktop from July (X fall preview):

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.desktop/1271

which suggests that the ATI gatos drivers are going to be merged into
Gentoo "soon" (I assume as part of xorg, since that's the new standard,
and it apparently has an xorg version), which I interpret given the
title to mean "sometime before the fall".  Just wondering if anyone
knows whether this is still a "soon" (i.e. hold your horses, we meant
sometime *during* the fall, not 4 days in), if something's gone wrong
with merging it, or if there's a more concrete timeline.

Not trying to be pushy, just trying to decide whether it would be
worthwhile to go ahead and try to build gatos with xorg manually (which
appears to be a bit messy), or whether I should just wait a few weeks
for a new xorg.  My little sister can handle a few weeks without
television now that she's back in school, but if it gets to be a month
without MacGyver there'll be heck to pay :) .

Alternately, if anyone has a recipe for building ati-gatos on Gentoo
(for amd64 w/ 6.7 kernel and xorg-6.8) that doesn't involve karking up
xorg, would be happy to hear about that.

Thanks all,
Mike

________________________________________________ Mike C. Fletcher Designer, VR Plumber, Coder http://www.vrplumber.com http://blog.vrplumber.com -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list