From: Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: multilib, slot conflicts, and the sun going down
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 13:18:26
1 Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On 04/07/15 09:25, Brent Busby wrote:
4 >> Since the introduction of ABI_X86 and 32-bit libraries all over the
5 >> place, I've seen lots of slot conflicts and unresolvables with the
6 >> kde-sunset packages. Has anyone else seen this when updating? Is it
7 >> time to finally say guten Nacht to the sunset overlay?
8 >
9 > Can you please paste the errors? I'm happy to try to fix specific issues.
10
11 I've already removed as many kde-sunset packages as was needed to make
12 the update proceed, so I can no longer reproduce the errors. Most of
13 the effect of it was that it couldn't find packages in kde-apps/ because
14 kde-sunset still has them in kde-base/. I'm finding that I don't really
15 need the overlay too much anymore though, so I've been trimming it away
16 over time.
19 + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
20 + Sr. UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
21 + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of
22 + James Franck Institute + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet,
23 + Materials Research Ctr + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky