From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Unmount Thumb Drive in KDE Konqueror
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 06:39:37
* McAuley, Grant (LLU) <gmcauley@×××.edu> [05/08/08 18:10 -0700]:
> umount: only root can unmount /dev/sdb from /media/usbdisk > Please check that the disk is entered correctly. > > I obviously would like to be able to 'safely remove' the drive without > being 'root'. Any information would be helpful.
Sounds like the "bug" in hald. Open /usr/share/hal/fdi/90defaultpolicy/storage-policy.fdi and change the only occurence of "user" into "users". This should help. Regards, Lars PS: If your USB pen is quite slow, you want to change the sync-option from true to false (well, then you can't see the transfer-rate, but with sync set it was terrible slow and only tiny snippets were transferred with one move). -- Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Developer and Release Engineer Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator Gentoo Foundation : Trustee