From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Multiple outputs from EMU10K2
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 04:06:39
1 I solved this problem. ALSA has a "rear" device which outputs to a 2nd pair of
2 speakers.
3
4 Thus spake Lindsay Haisley on Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 06:58:11PM CDT
5 > I've installed a Creative SB Audigy2 ZS sound card in my desktop system. The
6 > card uses an EMU10K2 chip, supported by the emu10k1 kernel driver. This card
7 > has 3 line outputs on the back. I would like to be able to direct sound using
8 > ALSA devices to at least 2 of these 3 outputs. On other, older cards I could
9 > do this by directing sound to alsa devices hw:0,0 and hw:0,1 in my .asoundrc
10 > but this doesn't work for this card.
11 >
12 > Basically, I need to direct high quality audio to an external amp and a couple
13 > of JBL studio control room monitors, and event sounds from the computer to the
14 > el cheapo (but adequate) speakers mounted in my monitor. Sending an audio
15 > signal to hw:0,0 gets the sound to the 1st audio output on the card with all
16 > the bells and whistles (e.g. tone control) available. No problems there :-)
17 >
18 > How can I set up my /etc/modules.d/alsa or ~/.asoundrc file to direct an audio
19 > input stream to the 2nd or 3rd audio output on the card? I don't need much
20 > control over this audio stream. Volume control would be nice, but I can pretty
21 > much set it and leave it in the built-in amp in the monitor which drives the
22 > speakers.
25 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
26 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
27 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
28 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
29 | (Pamela Jones) |
30 --