From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: hal & KDE
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 07:52:45
1 On 05/16/2010 10:42 AM, Leonid Podolny wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > While merging x11-base/xorg-server-1.8.1 I encountered the following
4 > warning:
5 >
6 > Usage of hal is strongly discouraged. Please migrate to udev.
7 > From next major release on the hal support will be fully disabled.
8 > Both hal and udev flags are enabled.
9 > Enabling only udev!
10 >
11 > I guess that the message above speaks only about the HAL dependency of
12 > the Xorg itself, i.e. it doesn't mean that general usage of HAL at the
13 > system is discouraged/deprecated. Obviously, KDE depends pretty heavily
14 > on HAL.
15 > Is it correct?
16
17 Correct. This refers only to X itself. Everything else is still free
18 to use HAL. To avoid the warning, simply disable the "hal" USE flag for
19 x11-base/xorg-server only.