From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: xorg package descriptions
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:29:41
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > I take it therefore that there's no page on x.org where all this info is
3 > in pretty much one place? If I were interested in doing the research and
4 > collating the info, from your experience working with them, would this be
5 > something they'd find useful, as well as Gentoo? I can't code the stuff,
6 > but if it's waiting for someone to go thru some lists and wikis and
7 > whatever and create some sort of ordered list with descriptions, that I
8 > might be able to do, and of course the same list could be used to generate
9 > the missing description patches for Gentoo's packages as well.
10
11 At one point, I think Alan Coopersmith posted a list of descriptions
12 that he was using in Solaris to the xorg list. I don't remember when, or
13 how complete they were. If you would like to dig that up and create a
14 patch against the portage tree using it, that would be helpful.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Donnie
18 --