From: lists <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 14:29:05
> > Thats great! I love it!!! >> >> I'm running without my usual environment! I feel free and exposed! >> sorry >> for the vent, Gentoo is a great distro, it has been really bad after a >> hd >> crash trying to get back with a new install from an old (2006.0) livecd. > > I guess your problems are: > - You are trying to install a new Gentoo with an old live cd. Given the > gcc/glibc etc. upgrades, I bet that's the cause of your problems. Why > don't you use a 2006.1 cd? > - Excess of ! . Please stop that caffeine pills. :) > > Gentoo sometimes gets on my nerves too (This weekend I had a 2-days > struggle with ALSA and I feel the battle is not at the end too), but > when I think about other distros with *periodic reinstalls*...brrr. > > m. > -- > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list >
I needed lots of sleep. Right now I don't have a CD burner. I am using it to boot from. I am running from a knoppix CD. I think there is a way to fix this without starting over. I have chrooted in to my new HD, I downloaded a 2006.1 stage3, I did the env-update && source etc/profile... I will be working on this and reading through as much as I can find about it today. If I can't get anywhere with it, I can get a CD from my friend some time next week. Good luck with the ALSA stuff. You may need to recompile the kernel with that. rick -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list