From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] kde-4.3.2?
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:35:51
1 What's up with kde-4.3.2? I see it's masked, but the mask was pre-4.3.2
2 release I believe, presumably until 4.3.2 was released, it has been out
3 for several days now, and the masking comment isn't helpful at all as to
4 why it might /still/ be masked, even in the kde-testing overlay.
5
6 Also, I see revision bumps for 4.3.1 when I'd expect to see 4.3.2 coming
7 out, and the lzma USE flag that was on testing kdelibs now seems to be
8 disappeared again as it downgrades back to gentoo-tree, etc.
9
10 So I'm asking what's up.
11
12 Meanwhile, what about kde-testing changelogs? When I see a -rX bump, I
13 like to see why it's happening. Similarly with USE flags coming and
14 going. kde-testing doesn't seem to include changelogs. OK, sort of, but
15 is there an easy replacement for it, besides manually browsing viewcvs or
16 whatever? It's git-based, right? I know and use git what-changed on my
17 live kernel git all the time. I suppose I could do that on the kde-
18 testing git repo as well. Is that the suggested solution or is there
19 better? I've been more or less flying blind and it's beginning to bother
20 me, so getting the problem addressed would make me a rather happier
21 camper. =:^)
22
23 And if I do find a bug, do I check for and post it @ bugs.gentoo, or
24 elsewhere?
25
26 Meanwhile, there's not a mailing list to follow what's going on more
27 closely, is there? I obviously already follow this one. I suppose it's
28 mostly IRC driven... and I'm not an IRC type of guy.
33 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman