From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Nautilus-CD-Burner issue
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:26:01
As I keep up with Gentoo system updates small things change from time to
time, most of which aren't worth bothering with and I can chalk them up to
'progress' (I hope :-)  Used to be, when I inserted a writable
CD into my CD writer, The Nautilus CD-Writer utility would auto-start.  Of
late, this no longer happens, and it's convenient and I'd like to be able to
turn this feature back on.

Inserting a CD with data on it still puts an icon on my desktop and
auto-mounts the CD (as per my fstab), and I can still manage a writable CD
by explicitly opening the Nautilus-CD-Burner or X-CD-Roast.  Does any one
know any way to control the auto-start feature for Nautilus-CD-Burner?
There doesn't seem to be anything in the Nautilus preferences dialog about
this, and I've poked through the GConf tree and found nothing there, either.

The feature is turned on in my "CD and DVD Preferenes" and when a writeable
CD is deteced it's supposed to run "nautilus --no-desktop burn:" which works
if I execute it from the CLI.  It's just that the system doesn't seem to be
detecting the presence of a writeable CD in the drive.

Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    creativity is like   |      available at
512-259-1190          |    trying to eradicate  | <>    |        dandelions"      |
                      |      (Pamela Jones)     |