From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Mouseover on audio files
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 01:31:38
1 How do I get sound files to preview when I mouseover an icon? I have my
2 preferences set to "Preview sound files: -> Always" but when I mouseover
3 audio files they don't play. Doing a "ps auxw" with and without a
4 mouseover in progess shows no difference in the running processes, so my
5 guess is that something should be running that isn't.
6
7 Is this a GStreamer issue? Should gst-launch be running, and if so
8 shouldn't it auto-start when I log in to a gnome session? I looked at
9 the man page for gst-launch and it's a regular bear. There must be some
10 facility that manages it so that I don't have to do it myself.
11
12 This works on my Ubuntu-based laptop, and _used_ to work on my Gentoo
13 desktop, but hasn't worked for a while. It would be handy to get it
14 working again.
17 Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | Accredited
18 FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | by the
19 512-259-1190 | (The Roadie) | Austin Better
20 http://www.fmp.com | | Business Bureau