From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE4.5.4 kate terminus
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:02:48
Florian Philipp posted on Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:44:53 +0100 as excerpted:

> Hmm, yes, in gedit the font looks okay. I guess this really is a KDE, Qt > or terminus bug. Please report it.
Very possibly a hinting issue... does it change when you change kde's font hinting settings? (There's quite some history involved there, including former patents, just expired AFAIK, that prevented freedomware use, at least where the patents applied, for quite some time. There were various workarounds, some of which are likely still in place, causing different behavior in different cases.)
> By the way: Please don't top-post. Put your responses below the message > you quote. It makes reading long threads easier.
Strongly agreed. =:^) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman