From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] System problems
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:25:56
1 On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 20:08 +0000, eamjr56@×××××××××.net wrote:
2 > Jesus, take your meds already. Roman has only been trying to help you
3 > throughout this long sorry episode.
4
5 Please excuse yourself from any further postings to this thread. I have
6 asked you before to do this. If you would shut up, and if Roman would
7 stick to tech information rather than dispensing free social advice,
8 then this wouldn't be a "sorry episode", would it?
9
10 > This is NOT about your past Unix yada yada, but how well you follow
11 > kernel devel, won't look on the Gentoo forums for answers and
12 > generally take help.
13
14 Y'know, eamjr56, I have a life. I don't sit around all day and play
15 with my operating system. I have a lot of things to do _with_ my office
16 desktop system. I don't have a lot of spare time to mess with and fix
17 stuff that shouldn't need messing with and fixing. I came to this forum
18 because I thought I might get some insights into a specific problem I'm
19 having, and have been met mainly with rudeness by you and Roman,
20 although a couple of other people had useful/thougtful suggestions.
21 Isn't there a moderator on this list who understands how a technical
22 forum should be run?
23
24 I've posted the files that Roman wanted to see, and they're there for
25 anyone else to look at. So far, Roman hasn't offered me any "help" with
26 this problem, but has blown a lot of hot air on this forum suggesting
27 how I should run my life. I'm beginning to think that there aren't many
28 technically literate people on this forum. They've probably all
29 abandoned Gentoo and are using Debian or Ubuntu.
30
31 > It is not make bzimage for one, it is make, make modules_install, make
32 > install.
33
34 You need to read up on kernel building. "make bzImage && make modules"
35 has worked for kernel building since probably Linux kernel 1.x.x. Yes,
36 "make" will also work, and will combine these two operations into one,
37 but on occasion it's convenient to separate these.
40 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human creativity is like
41 FMP Computer Services | trying to eradicate dandelions"
42 512-259-1190 | (Pamela Jones)
43 http://www.fmp.com |