From: Ben Leggett <algosystem@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Hal 5.10 upgrade shows partition on Desktop?
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:30:51
1 Hi All,
2
3 I just upgraded to hal-5.10, and when I log in, one of my hard drive
4 partitions shows up on the Gnome desktop as a removable drive. I mount
5 this partition manually in fstab at boot, and I don't want it on my
6 desktop.
7
8 Here's my fstab for reference:
9 /dev/hda1 /home jfs noatime 0 2
10 /dev/hda2 / jfs noatime 0 1
11 /dev/hda3 /hda3 jfs noatime 0 2
12 /dev/hda5 none swap sw 0 0
13 none /proc proc defaults 0 0
14 none /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
17 What's odd is that only this partition shows up on my desktop. I've also
18 got /home on a separate partition, but that doesn't show. I don't want
19 to disable "show removable drives" in GConf, as that disables USB thumb
20 drives and such.
21
22 I was under the impression that hal ignored stuff in fstab. How can I
23 convince it that this partition isn't a removable drive? It this a bug,
24 or a new "feature" in hal-5.10?
25
26 Thanks,
27
28 Ben Leggett
31 "Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
32 -- Karl Lehenbauer
33
34 I try to uphold the ideals that I was taught to value as an American,
35 but every year I get less and less help from the United States.
36 --R.M. Stallman
38 GPG/PGP Public Key ID: 11EC44D4