From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] console16x8.pcf(.gz) font?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:02:42
1 On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > I have a bitmap font, console16x8 and the short/fat version, console8x8,
3 > pcf format, from back in my Mandrake days. Unfortunately, google isn't
4 > of much help in finding a current package with it included, partly
5 > because a search on console font yields all sorts of hits on fonts for
6 > the console, not /the/ (obviously in hindsight unfortunately named)
7 > console font! That said, it /does/ seem the font was part of the kde3
8 > konsole package for many years (but is not part of the konsole4 package).
9 >
10 > Before I go creating my own ebuild for it, I thought I'd ask if anyone
11 > knows a current package containing it. The files will be console16x8.pcf
12 > (perhaps with the .gz extension added, if compressed) and console8x8.pcf.
13
14 After further meditation I am thinking that font perhaps came from the
15 KDE3 version of Konsole... what do you think?