From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 05:18:20
1 I am considering buying a Linux host license of VMware Workstation 6.0
2 when it is released. However, VMware explicitly does not support Gentoo
3 hosts. I noticed that 5.5 is in Portage:
6 * app-emulation/vmware-workstation
7 Latest version available: 5.5.3.34685
8 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
9 Unstable version: 5.5.3.34685
10
11 Will 6.0 be in Portage? It seems silly to do that if it is not supported
12 by VMware.
13
14 I can't find the list of supported hosts at the moment but it looks very
15 much like the only free supported Linux is Ubuntu.
18 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P)
19 http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/
20
21 If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given rabbits fire.
24 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list