From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Gnome-cd, Nautilus CD burner, and udev devices
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:19:38
1 I've switched over to kernel 2.6 w. udev and dropped devfs. One of the
2 things I note that is now missing is support for auto-sensing the presence
3 of a CD and opening up gnome-cd (if music) or the CD icon on the desktop (if
4 ISO-9660) automatically. Also missing, apparently, is the ability to
5 auto-sense a blank writable CD in the drive, which used to open up a CD
6 creator window, supported, I think, by Nautilus.
7
8 Restoring these features is probably just a matter of creating the proper
9 devices. Any clues?
12 Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | PGP public key
13 FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | available at
14 512-259-1190 | (Travis W. Redfish) | <http://www.fmp.com/pubkeys>
15 http://www.fmp.com | ("The Roadie") |
18 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list