From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Running KDE apps under Gnome
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:34:07
1 Why is it that running _some_ KDE apps under Gnome kills the dm and wm, and
2 others will run fine. I can (thankfully!) run k3b under Gnome, while if I try
3 to run KsCD all my panels with their menus and all the window title bars die
4 and I have to use Ctl-Alt-Bkspace to restart the X server so I can get things
5 back to normal. k3b _used_ to behave badly in this regard, but at some point
6 it got "fixed" and now runs properly under both Gnome and KDE.
7
8 Is there any way to prevent this behavior so I can run KDE apps such as KsCD on
9 my Gnome desktop (w. sawfish wm)?
12 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
13 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
14 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
15 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
16 | (Pamela Jones) |
17 --