From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: Mike Gardiner <obz@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Parts of applications menu goes missing
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:58:44
1 Mike,
2
3 I am running famd currently, i will check to see whats going on next
4 time it happens. But i have noticed nautilus misbehaving too (showing no
5 files in a folder after minutes before showing a full folder) come to
6 think about it.
7
8 I did upgrade famd a while back, and noticed things go wrong as it
9 changed the default behaviour from local_only = false to true - nautilus
10 wouldn't connect to it, until i changed it back to false, nautilus
11 wouldn't even start.
12
13 Tim
14
15 Mike Gardiner wrote:
16
17 >Hi Tim,
18 >
19 >The menu entries are actually stored in .desktop entries
20 >in /usr/share/applications. The panel doesn't monitor this itself, but
21 >it will listen to fam/gamin if they tell it that the applications
22 >directory is updated, and so the list should be recreated.
23 >
24 >Does the same occur with fam (if you're not running it), or without fam
25 >(if you are running it?).
26 >
27 >'/etc/init.d/famd start' should get it running, let us know how it goes.
28 >
29 >Mike Gardiner
30 >(Obz)
33 >--