From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] System problems
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 01:38:38
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Hello.
5
6 On 21-03-2011 21:46, Dale wrote:
7 > Lindsay Haisley wrote:
8 >> On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 20:08 +0000, eamjr56@×××××××××.net wrote:
9 >>
10 >>> Jesus, take your meds already. Roman has only been trying to help you
11 >>> throughout this long sorry episode.
12 >>>
13 >> Please excuse yourself from any further postings to this thread. I have
14 >> asked you before to do this. If you would shut up, and if Roman would
15 >> stick to tech information rather than dispensing free social advice,
16 >> then this wouldn't be a "sorry episode", would it?
17
18 First of all, let me start by recalling that the Gentoo Council[1] has
19 approved some years ago the CoC (Code of Conduct)[2] that should be
20 followed by anyone posting to Gentoo's public communication mediums.
21
22 [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/
23 [2] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/coc.xml
24
25 As such, I would kindly like to ask everyone on this thread to "calm
26 down" and to please try to reply in a respectful manner to any poster on
27 this ml.
28
29 > I have a feeling that a lot of others have already excused themselves
30 > from this thread as well. I always try to read things in the most
31 > positive way that I can but very little of your posts can have a
32 > positive way to read them. You came to this list to get help, then seem
33 > to refuse to take the help that is offered as if you already know the
34 > answer, which is sort of odd since you came here for help.
35
36 Lindsay,
37
38 I have to agree with other posters in this ml that your tone when you
39 started this thread asking for help wasn't the best one.
40 Thank you for the apology you've sent to the list about your tone. Let's
41 try to move forward and see if / how we can help you.
42
43 As I've stated above, I kindly ask everyone participating in this thread
44 to please watch the tone.
45
46 > As far as I know, there are no mods here. You can email
47 > gentoo-desktop+owner@l.g.o if you wish to complain tho. I
48 > have not seen anything that is wrong but maybe you can convince them
49 > otherwise. If someone has done something to violate some rule, I'm sure
50 > they will take care of it.
51
52 We have some people with the ability to moderate the mailing lists, but
53 we prefer to leave that for last resort only.
54 Many Gentoo developers are subscribed to the many lists and they may at
55 any time intervene as they see fit.
58 PS - Lindsay, two last notes about your issue and your time constraints.
59 This type of issue might be easier to diagnose on IRC (one good place is
60 #gentoo in the freenode network) where a short intense session may prove
61 to be quicker in the end. Also, I haven't seen anyone mention that the
62 latest udev versions react *very* badly to CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2.
63 So be sure to check if you disable that as iirc udev will refuse to
64 create the proper device nodes if that kernel option is active.
65
66 PPS - If you decide to test our IRC support, feel free to poke me in any
67 channel or to /msg me in private.
68
69 - --
70 Regards,
71
72 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
73 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections / RelEng