From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Heart rate monitors in gentooo?
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:37:41
Rasmus Wiman wrote:
> Hi, > > is anyone using a heart rate monitor watch and downloading/viewing the > data in gentoo? If so, what brand if monitor du you use? I would like > to buy one and would prefer buying from a manufacturer that isn't too > linux-hostile. Here in Sweden the most common brands are Polar and > Suunto, how well do their watches work with gentoo? Do they use highly > obfuscated formats and bizarre nonstandard usb-stuff for downloading > data or i it all fairly straightforward stuff that can be plotted > almost right away in gnuplot, octave or similar software? > > Any brands or models that should be avoided at all costs? > > Thanks, > Rasmus >
You are asking open source developers for medical advice. That is an extremely bad idea. If your physician and the vendor say, "Use Windows", use Windows. -- M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P) http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/ If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given rabbits fire. -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list