From: Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Amarok slow to startup
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:11:59
1 Hi,
2
3 It takes 3 secs here with 2.2.2 and kde4
4
5 /JM
6
7 On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
8
9 > Paul Stear writes:
10 >
11 > > I am running amarok 2.3.1 on kde 4.4.4 and have been having various
12 > > problems over the last 3/4 months.
13 >
14 > Who hasn't?
15 >
16 > > Amarok stopped working after some world updates and the only way I
17 > > could get it to run was to delete the amarok folder in .kde4 and then
18 > > restart amarok. This works but of course I have lost all of the
19 > > history, album covers,scores etc. but at least I can listen to my
20 > > music again. However, on startup I get the splash screen immediately
21 > > but the main screen takes 1min 14 secs to appear. Any ideas?
22 >
23 > Well, for me it took around 7 minutes. But that has been fixed in 2.3.1,
24 > it's about 40 seconds now. I cannot tell exactly, because after my
25 > migration from 32 to 64 bit I have to import the MySQL database first, so
26 > maybe it would take longer here, too.
27 >
28 > Try runing it as 'amaork -d' on the command line and check the debug
29 > output. In my case, Amarok was accessing all sound files being referenced
30 > in playlists, and I had lots of them.
31 >
32 > Wonko
38 Jean-Marc