From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Help troubleshooting keyboard shortcut
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 03:03:44
1 Hi,
2
3 I use gnome on a stable system. I set my "preferred browser" to
4 chromium. I set a "keyboard shortcut" to launch my browser: Mod4+W.
5
6 90% of the time when I press Mod4+W, the browser appears.
7
8 10% of the time when I press Mod4+W, the browser does not appear.
9 When it doesn't work, I try again and the browser will appear,
10 although when it is in the "bad" state I generally have to issue
11 Mod4+W 3-4 times before I get the desired response.
12
13 Can someone recommend an approach to identify the culprit? For example
14 - check ctrl-alt-f1 for errors
15 - install KDE
16 - try a new keyboard
17 - etc...