From: Mauro Arnoldi <agharti81@×××××××.it>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Internet Browsing Performance
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:47:41
1 Hi to everyone!
2 My problem is simple but I think quite strange:
3
4 I have a home lan network, both wired and wireless, and with my laptop I use
5 one of those alternatively...
6 When I use the wired connection I have a static IP address, and my /etc/hosts
7 looks like:
8
9 127.0.0.1 localhost
10 192.168.1.11 myhostname myhostname.mydomainname.it
11
12 When I use the wireless connection I have a DHCP server that gives me an IP
13 address, and I always remove the last line in /etc/hosts.
14
15 But while using the wireless connection, both Konqueror and Firefox are very
16 slow during web browsing and usually they "freeze" for 3/5 seconds, before
17 bringing up the web site.
18
19 my /etc/resolv.conf (if useful) is:
20 search mydomainname.it
21 nameserver 192.168.1.1 #it's also the DHCP server, with dnsmasq
22
23 I'd like to understand which is the problem and if some of you have a solution
24
25 Thanks!
26
27 Mauro