From: Ladislav Laska <ladislav.laska@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o, Martin von Gagern <Martin.vGagern@×××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset: Calling base_src_prepare from kde.eclass
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:24:54
1 Hello again,
2
3 I have decided to continue discussion in new thread. This discussion
4 was started in thread "kde-sunset: kdepim-kresources broken".
5
6 I have replaced my code with what I originally intended (the code in
7 git is wrong, since I made a mistake editing it - here is what I
8 intended):
9
10 # Check for PATCHES in EAPI=0|1
11 case ${EAPI:-0} in
12 0|1)
13 if [[ -n ${PATCHES} ]] && [[ -d "${KDE_S}" ]]; then
14 base_src_prepare
15 fi
16 ;;
17 esac
18
19 Look, for example, at kde-base/ark ebuild. There is a patch, but it's
20 not applied correctly without my code.
21
22 What I'm worried about is the check [[ -d "${KDE_S}" ]] makes sure,
23 that this code is called if
24
25 [[ -d "${KDE_S}" ]] || base_src_unpack unpack
26
27 did not called base-src_unpack and therefore did not applied patches.
28
29 There are two problems with EAPI=0|1
30
31 1) It depends on file naming and will not work if base_src_unpack
32 unpacks into $KDE_S
33 2) Even if base_src_unpack calls base_src_prepare, we're adding
34 patches automatically after this call, but they will not be applied.
35
36 Since I can't think of correct check, please let me know if you have
37 an idea. Also, let me know if I'm wrong about something and it's not
38 needed at all. (but I doubt that, because ark, as mentioned above, is
39 counterexample)
40
41 Regards Ladislav Laska
42 S pozdravem Ladislav Laska