From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Help troubleshooting keyboard shortcut
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 15:03:25
1 On Tuesday 05 Jun 2012 10:31:05 Duncan wrote:
2 > FWIW, firefox does this occasionally too. A "killall firefox" usually
3 > does the trick.
4 >
5 > But with firefox, it at least pops up a little dialog telling you that it
6 > believes another instance is running. It'd be a bit confusing without
7 > that. Even if it's sometimes frustrating seeing the dialog, it's better
8 > than not knowing the problem, I guess.
9
10 Yes I remember it happening with firefox, but with chrome(both Google's version
11 and chromium) its way too frequent. Like the OP mentioned around 10% of the
12 time. I tried with no plug ins etc no luck. But I guess running killall chrome
13 a few times is a small trade off for having native file dialogs and native
14 kwallet integration in kde.
17 - Yohan Pereira
18
19 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
20 between a mermaid and a seal.
21 -- Mark Twain