From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Udev rules and kernel device names
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 04:40:38
1 After reading a bit of the udev code I finally answered my own question on
2 this. The information required to match KERNEL keys in rules _is_ in sysfs,
3 it's just that it's not well documented anywhere.
4
5 I hacked a bit on udevstart.c, which scans the devfs filesystem, and am
6 attaching the result, kscan.c which reports all valid targets for KERNEL
7 keys. The program requires the same compile includes that udevstart does,
8 so put it in the root of the udev source distribution and copy/paste the
9 relevant gcc options from a make of the source.
10
11 This is admittedly crude, but it gets the job done. Ideally the same
12 functionality might be built into udevinfo so that a cl option would produce
13 the same list.
16 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
17 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
18 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
19 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
20 | (Pamela Jones) |

kscan.c text/plain