From: Cocoy Dayao <cocoy.dayao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] How about KVM?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 02:25:32
1 On 05 14, 07, at 8:58 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2
3 > Now that I have a chip (Athlon64 X2) that supports the kernel
4 > virtual memory (KVM) package, is there an overlay that has this
5 > available for testing? I went to the web page (http://
6 > kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki) and they've managed to get everything
7 > packaged for Debian "sid" (unstable). It doesn't seem like this is
8 > Portage-quality stuff as yet, but it strikes me as worth playing with.
9 > --
10 > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list
13 i don't know if it comes standard off the livecd... but kvm is in the
14 newer kernels, even gentoo-sources. ;)
15 all you need is to emerge a fairly recent copy of gentoo-sources or
16 the vanila kernel... compile in kvm, and you're good to go.
17 you might also want to try openvz, xen, vmware... etc.
18
20 Cocoy Dayao
21 cocoy.dayao@×××××.com
22 big mango - http://arkangel1a.blogspot.com
23 "People who are really serious about software should make their own
24 hardware." --Alan Kay
29 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list