From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Problem with keyboard in XFCE and Fluxbox
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:27:39
1 Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> posted
2 200705271118.55265.prh@××××××××××.uk, excerpted below, on Sun, 27 May
3 2007 11:18:55 +0100:
4
5 > On Saturday 26 May 2007 13:29:34 Duncan wrote:
6 >
7 >> The | (vertical line) symbol is called a "pipe".
8 >
9 > ... in Unixy systems.
10
11 FWIW, it was used the same way (but to a far more limited extent) on
12 MSDOS, and AFAIK continues to be used that way in command prompt windows
13 even now (tho I've no direct experience beyond W98, as I decided it was
14 time to upgrade to Linux instead of XP, when I realized XP stood for
15 eXPrivacy, due to its anti-privacy functionality, among other things).
16 It was called a "pipe" there too, IIRC.
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
24 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list