From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 18:09:05
On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 09:25 -0500, lists wrote:
> I needed lots of sleep. Right now I don't have a CD burner. I am using it > to boot from. I am running from a knoppix CD. I think there is a way to > fix this without starting over. I have chrooted in to my new HD, I > downloaded a 2006.1 stage3, I did the env-update && source etc/profile...
Let's hope you get someone to burn you a CD. My recommendation is for you to grab a 2006.1 LiveCD (*not* Minimal) and do a "Networkless" install to get yourself back up and running. This will not compile *anything* and will get your system up as quickly as possible (including Gnome/Evolution/Firefox) so you can get to work to restoring your system, not just trying to get online. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation