From: "V. Ram" <vramml0@××××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset: gtk-engines-qt build failure
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:55:34
I was able to get past this issue by using the attached patch that I
created (hopefully it stays attached during distribution to the list).
I'm running ~ Firefox 7 with this and the engine works.

For anyone else that might struggle with the issue (until such time that
this patch or similar get applied to the official kde-sunset repo), you
can do the following:

1. In your kde-sunset repo copy (by default these days it would be in
/var/lib/layman/kde-sunset), go to the x11-themes/gtk-engines-qt

2. Copy the current .ebuild file to a new .ebuild, changing the r<X> to
your own version number, higher than the official version, e.g. r99.
Complete example:
/var/lib/layman/kde-sunset/x11-themes/gtk-engines-qt $ cp
gtk-engines-qt-0.8-r4.ebuild gtk-engines-qt-0.8-r99.ebuild

3. Put the attached patch into the files subdirectory.  You can rename
it if you like.

4. Edit the new .ebuild file created in step 2.  In the PATCHES=
section, before the closing ")", add a new line following the format of
the previous line.  The new line should read
"${FILESDIR}/undef_signals_cpp.patch" (or if you decided to rename the
patch, use your chosen filename).  Save and exit.

5. Legitimize the ebuild in the eyes of Portage.  At the command-line
and still in the gtk-engines-qt dir, run "ebuild
gtk-engines-qt-0.8-r99.ebuild digest" .

6. Now when you "emerge gtk-engines-qt", it should pick up your new
local version and proceed successfully through compilation.  If not,
perhaps the original ebuild was marked as testing (0.8-r4 is stable as
of this writing, so this was not an issue for me), in which case you can
keyword the package.

7. Remember that a sync operation can blow away these files.  Back up at
least your .ebuild and patch file.  You may want to be more aggressive,
and backup the whole
/var/lib/layman/kde-sunset/x11-themes/gtk-engines-qt directory as well.

I disclaim copyright on the patch since it's so trivial.

V. Ram.

On Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:06 PM, "V. Ram" <vramml0@××××××××.fm>
> I finally got KDE 3.5.10 built and installed, after keywording kdelibs, > kcontrol, gdk-pixbuf, and libpng. Revdep-rebuild appears to have done > the trick with the upgrade to libpng. > > Now I'm trying to install gtk-engines-qt, whose build fails with the > indicated error: > > In file included from /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gio.h:54:0, > from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkapplaunchcontext.h:30, > from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:32, > from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkprivate.h:30, > from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkx.h:30, > from > /tmp/portage/x11-themes/gtk-engines-qt-0.8-r4/work/gtk-qt-engine/src/qt_qt_wrapper.cpp:18: > /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gdbusintrospection.h: At global scope: > /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gdbusintrospection.h:151:25: error: expected > unqualified-id before ‘protected’ > /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gdbusintrospection.h:151:25: error: expected > ‘;’ before ‘protected’ > > The system glib is 2.28.8 and gtk+ is at 2.24.4 . > > I think this may be due to a conflicting use of the keyword "signals" > between Qt and GLib (or gtk). > > Nokia (for now) has a guide on what to do about this: > > > > There are a couple of bug reports along similar lines in the Debian bug > tracker: > > > > > kde-sunset devs: could you please address this in a subsequent rev of > the theming engine package? > > Thank you very much.
-- - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own

File name MIME type
undef_signals_cpp.patch application/octet-stream

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset: gtk-engines-qt build failure Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>