From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Keyboard and numlock problem
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 23:53:17
1 I'm having a bit of a problem here with the numlock key in Gnome. In
2 short, it doesn't work. The numlock light toggles on and off when I hit
3 the numlock key but the keys behave as if numlock were off, regardless.
4 The keybaord is a KeyTronic Lifetime pc104 keyboard - about a generic as
5 it gets, and the keypad used to work properly, but after a series of
6 upgrades of Gnome and other components it doesn't work.
7
8 The numlock key work properly in the gdm login and in terminal mode. X
9 has the "kbd" driver loaded and "XkbModel" set to pc104. I've looked at
10 gconf, and tinkered with settings under System | Preferences | Keyboard
11 (supposedly depreciated) but nothing changes.
12
13 Anyone have any ideas?
16 Lindsay Haisley | "It is better to bite | PGP public key
17 FMP Computer Services | a single cannibal than | available at
18 512-259-1190 | to curse the doggies" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
19 http://www.fmp.com | -- John Day |
22 gentoo-desktop@l.g.o mailing list