From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] IM Software
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 15:20:21
1 On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 09:44 -0400, sean wrote:
2 > I am still using gaim, not moved over to what appears their new name
3 > Pidgin so I thought I would ask here for recommendations.
4 >
5 > I like the way gaim works, but I was wondering is there a package like
6 > gaim, and in portage that would also include some sort of video
7 > capabilities as well, and be cross platform?
8 >
9 > Thanks
10 > Sean
11
12 Short answer: No. Slightly longer answer: check out ekiga. It intends
13 to be what you want, but isn't fully there yet. It may be good enough
14 for your purposes, tho, depending on what your needs are.
15
16 Daniel
19 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list