From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Odd evolution crash
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:52:39
1 On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 07:43 -0400, Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > Have you tried using mv to rename your evolution dot files to rule out
3 > whether it is a configuration issue?
4
5 I don't mess with .evolution! The last time I tried this trick
6 evolution tried to recover and apparently wrote a bunch of of stuff to
7 the gconf registry, or somewhere, and I lost a _lot_ of data, including
8 all my address book, which fortunately I had laregely backed up to a
9 couple of LDAP servers. When I restored the the old ~/.evolution tree
10 the lost data did _not_ come back.
11
12 > In terms of re-emerging something, I think you could use equery depgraph
13 > evolution to see what it depends on and poke through there. You could
14 > also emerge -e evolution I *think*.
15
16 I may give this a try.
17
18 Evolution is the work of the Devil <grin>. It's obviously a total dawg
19 of a program from a programmers perspective - full of potential bugs,
20 poorly designed data structures, etc. On the other hand, there's no
21 other groupware client out there that can really match its features.
22 Thunderbird/Sunbird tries, but falls short.
25 Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
26 FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at
27 512-259-1190 | or Gates" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
28 http://www.fmp.com | |
31 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list