From: lists <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 04:11:40
1 > I think it's some kind of code. See:
2 >
3 > s/[\w\s]//g
4 >
5 > !!!!!!!!!.!,!,,....!!
6 >
7 > If JM is right, then it must be a signal for the French to begin
8 > invading our tubes.
9 >
10 > JT
11 >
12 > Jean-Marc Beaune wrote:
13 >> I bet he's french...
14 >>
15 >> On 2/3/07, *Sean Quinlan* <smq@××××××.uk <mailto:smq@××××××.uk>> wrote:
16 >>
17 >> --- lists <lists@×××××.net <mailto:lists@×××××.net>> (2007-02-03
18 >> 21:30):
19 >> > I have been using Gentoo for 3 years and I have been using Linux
20 >> for 10
21 >> > years! I have been spending the past 8 days trying to re-install
22 >> gentoo
23 >> > on my desktop after a crash. compile error after error after
24 >> error after
25 >> > error after error after error after error!! I think I am done with
26 >> > gentoo!!!!!
27 >> >
28 >> Hmm, let me consult my crystal ball to find out which of the
29 >> hundreds of
30 >> compiles and millions of possible error messages you must be talking
31 >> about...
32 >>
33 >> > I should have loaded a gun, pointed it at my foot, and
34 >> squeezed!!!! I
35 >> > can't even begin to ask questions about what could be going wrong.
36 >> there
37 >> > are too many! I have followed thread after thread and keep hiting
38 >> new
39 >> > problems! What the H! Also, I am not a newbe! compile, compile,
40 >> > compile..... This is crazy!!
41 >>
42 >> Perhaps you are not a native English speaker, but your analogy is
43 >> poorly
44 >> chosen (although strangely apt in this case). Shooting yourself in
45 >> the
46 >> foot says that you admit that _you_ did something stupid to cause
47 >> this...
48 >> like, oh I don't know... sending a whining error message to a public
49 >> list without including any relevant information so that people can
50 >> actually help you.
51 >>
52 >> Oh well, don't let the door hit you on the way out :)
53 >>
54 >> Sean
55 >>
56 >> PS: if you don't want to look like a newbie, at least learn how to
57 >> _spell_ "newbie".
58 >>
59 >> --
60 >> Sean Quinlan (smq@××××××.uk <mailto:smq@××××××.uk>)
63 >> --
64 >> gentoo-desktop@g.o <mailto:gentoo-desktop@g.o> mailing
65 >> list
70 >> --
71 >> /JM
72 >
73 > --
74 > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list
77 Thats great! I love it!!!
78
79 I'm running without my usual environment! I feel free and exposed! sorry
80 for the vent, Gentoo is a great distro, it has been really bad after a hd
81 crash trying to get back with a new install from an old (2006.0) livecd.
82
83 thanks
84 Rick
91 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list